Contact Us


My Choice

If you are unable to find what you are looking for on MyLife, and need support to access information, advice or advocacy, or wish to make a referral to Early Help and Support you can contact My Choice on 01952 459252 or alternatively if you are Deaf/deaf or hard of hearing and unable to use a phone, you can email: the service is open from Monday to Friday from 9am till 5pm.

If you have a sensory impairment/loss you can drop in to Citizens Advice Telford & the Wrekin where My Choice are based.

Contacting your allocated professional 

If you are in the process of being assessed or reviewed and wish to contact your current allocated professional (i.e. Social Worker, Adult Social Care Practitioner or Occupational Therapist) but do not have their direct telephone number, please call either Wrekin hub on 01952 385577, Hadley Castle hub on 01952 387183 or Lakeside South hub on 01952 385465 and we will transfer you to the professional if they are available.

Family Connect and Adult Safeguarding Team

Is a free service providing, impartial advice, information, guidance and support on a full range of services available across the borough.

From a single contact point for adults, families, carers and professionals can access comprehensive local information relating to children and adults.

You can contact the Family Connect Team via Tel: 01952 385385, e-mail:, Text (SMS) 07797 875 385, you can also log a concern on the Family Connect website

If you have concerns about an adult or child being abused or neglected, you will need to contact the Family Connect and Adults Safeguarding Team on 01952 385385 to report your concerns. If you would like to view information please see the Safe from Harm page for information.

Sensory Impairment

If you have a sensory impairment and struggle to use the telephone you can Text (SMS) 07797 873 866.

Please read the information on the accessibility page to find out about requesting information in alternative formats.

If you can not hear or speak on the phone you may find the website helpful.

Alternatively you can write to us at:

Telford & Wrekin Council

Adult Social Care

Darby House

4th floor B/C wing

Lawn Central




If you have a Visual Impairment can drop in by phone and speak to a Rehabilitation Officer for Vision Impairment on a Wednesday between 10am – 2pm Tel:  07976 426 483.

Mental Health

To access Mental Health services you will need to contact your GP.

If you are experiencing a Mental Health Crisis you can contact Crisis Resolution / Home Treatment on 0300 303 1601 who provide crisis support during the day and night.

Emergency Duty Team

The Emergency Duty Team (EDT) provides an emergency social work service for urgent situations which arise out of normal office hours and which cannot be left with an appropriate degree of safety until the next normal working day.

The number to call is 01952 676500.

The service operates Monday to Thursday 5pm to 9am and from 5pm Friday through to 9am Monday. Also during Bank and Public Holidays.

Carers Emergency Response Care Service

If you are a carer a service has been locally developed, which provides peace of mind to family Carers when a crisis or emergency occurs, this is known as the 'Emergency Response Carers Service (ERCS)'. View more information about the ERCS.

Southwater One

You can also access information and advice from Council services and other organisations at Southwater One. Click here to view the list of services at Southwater One and opening times.

Missing or out of contact client – Police

In all missing persons cases it is advised that you first contact the police and file a Missing Persons report, listen to the police advice given and act accordingly.

Adults and children who go missing from social services care invariably place themselves, and often others, at risk. Every "missing" episode should, therefore, attract proper attention from the professionals involved with the child and those professionals, in turn, must work together to make sure a consistent and joined up message is given to the client on their return.

The police are frequent partners of Adult Social Care in managing "missing" episodes and it is, therefore, important that staff in both agencies work together.

Contact the Police by telephone:

Non-emergency – 101

Emergency - 999


Facebook Join us on Facebook

Twitter Follow us on Twitter