Paying for Care

If you need care and support in your own home, the community or in a residential or nursing home you can approach the Council for help towards paying for your care.

We use government guidance to assess your care needs that would be eligible for the Council to support. We call this a Care Act Assessment.

If your assessed needs are eligible for support we will carry out a financial assessment to help us work out what you can afford to pay.

If you have, savings of £23,250.00 or more the Council will not contribute to the cost of your care and support services.

You can go direct to a provider of your choice and organise these services, you may wish to contact My Choice for information, advice and advocacy. Alternatively you can search the service directory on MyLife for Advocacy services.

If your savings are below £23,250.00 you will be asked to complete a Financial Declaration form, giving full details of your income, savings and any other assets you own.

We will use this information to calculate how much you will be required to contribute towards the cost of the care and support you are assessed as needing.